Fun Stuff for you!
Here are some interesting articles for you to read and fun resources for you to use for your science projects.
22 November 2019
Here are a few fun colouring pages for you to download and use.
24 October 2019
What do astronauts eat in space? My May’s Moon books have involved a lot of research into the lives of astronauts. I’ve been fascinated by what it takes to become one and by the amazing experiments […]
24 February 2019
Things that have changed our lives Space exploration has given us huge amounts of information and knowledge, which has led directly to inventions and new technologies. These inventions and technologies have greatly benefited us on earth […]
27 October 2015
Tonight is a full moon! So apart from being able to see the whole of one side of the moon (if our skies are clear), what else does this mean? Here are 10 things you might […]
4 March 2015
Fitness Tests for children from NASA Michael May, the main character in my new children’s book May’s Moon, wants to be the first child astronaut! He enters a NASA competition to be the first child into […]
21 February 2015
My first attempt at a children’s novel was an unmitigated disaster and one I shared with about thirty literary agents and publishers! I admit that there were perhaps one or two holes in my plot, […]
- UK Association for Science and Discovery Centres This organisation pulls together over 60 science museums and discovery centres, giving details of events, projects and training for teachers.
- Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium An interactive science and technology centre with the largest standalone planetarium in the UK.
- National Space Centre
- London Science Museum
Space Education Resources
- European Space Education Resource Office This is the European Space Agency’s education office, which provides some fantastic teacher and pupil science resources.
- ESA – Space for Kids There is also an interactive children’s page with news, information and activities.
- Mission X: Train like an Astronaut An international educational STEM project, focusing on fitness and nutrition, that encourages students to train like an Astronaut.
- NASA materials for the Classroom As well as the most amazing images for classroom displays and projects, there are lots of exciting resources for teachers and children.
UK School Science Resources
- Unleash 2 – KS2 Science for Juniors A dynamic, supportive Facebook group for anyone involved in KS2 science. There are lots of posts, including tips for lesson planning, topic development and providers of science workshops.
- The Association for Science Education – School Science A free website, sponsored by industry, that provides online science resources for teachers and students.