LAUNCH YOUR STORY
- To be able to differentiate between character and characteristics.
- To create profiles for story characters and understand what excites a reader.
- To produce a setting plan for a story.
- To understand how a plot plan signposts a story.
- Create a plot plan.
- To discuss different types of story beginning.
- To produce a story beginning based on today's character, setting and plot plan.
- Introduction to Sue Palmer, May's Moon and today's workshop objectives.
- Character and characteristics - class discussion.
- Re-reading of Chapter 1 of May's Moon.
- Group notes on Michael May's character.
- Introduction to character form.
- Interactive group exercise to create characters.
- Class discussion on what makes a good setting.
- Group exercise to create story settings.
- Introduction to a W-graph - plotting my story.
- How do I begin my story? What sort of beginning do I like?
- Write your own first lines.
- I know how to create a character, setting and a plot for my story and how to write an exciting start.