COULD YOU BE AN ASTRONAUT?
Do you have the physical skills, knowledge and aptitude to get a place on the 'Children's Moon Programme' with Michael May?
- To identify the key elements to being an astronaut.
- To understand the importance of physical fitness.
- To use persuasive text to put forward an argument.
- To be able to describe the importance of space research in relation to life on earth.
- Introduction to Sue Palmer and May's Moon.
- Today's workshop objectives.
- What's happening in Space Right Now (Video).
- Tim Peake's Principia Mission.
- Group discussion on what you need to be an astronaut.
- Train like an astronaut.
- Complete Dexterity and Hand-Eye Coordination exercises.
- Group results and discussion.
- Discussion and exercise on persuasive text (full day).
- Quiz - let's test your knowledge and listening (full day).
- I know the key skills, knowledge and aptitude required to become an astronaut.
- I know what is happening in space right now.