The last week has to have been one of the most exciting for me as a writer! After five years of putting pen to paper, scribbling down ideas, names, places and plots…I have just signed a contract to have my first children’s story ‘May’s Moon’ published. John Hunt Publishing has taken a chance on a first time author with no experience, no sales and no writing background. Thank you!
In my romantic view of the book world, I assumed that this was it. I had made it and now it was over to the experts to turn my manuscript into something real, whilst I got back to writing. I was wrong…
My to do list now looks like this:
- Proof-read my manuscript and make sure everything is as good as I can make it
- Check any copyright acknowledgements
- Decide on a cover for my book
- Decide on any foreword or dedications
- Produce a list of additional marketing ideas to sell my book
- Find a reasonable picture of myself
- Find a sensible domain name and get my own website
- Join every social-media group available
- Find endorsements for my story
- Research free review sites
It’s going to be a busy few weeks but I can’t wait!